Here are some of the questions we hear the most:
What is the ERS Data System?
The ERS Data System provides the full text and scoring for the following instruments: ECERS‐3, ECERS‐R, ITERS‐3, ITERS‐R, FCCERS‐R, and SACERS‐Updated. Branagh Group has full permission to use the entire text of these scales from the authors and publisher. The ERS Data System captures scoring at the indicator level, includes up‐to‐date notes for clarification (from the authors), utilizes worksheets and controls (for counting/classification), as well as tabs for capturing additional handwritten notes. Supplemental materials are also built directly into the software (USDA Meal Guidelines, Playground Safety Standards, etc.).
The ERS Data System has been in use for over 15 years, providing offline mobile ERS data collection at both state and regional levels, currently providing service in 37 states across the county. Our software utilizes state-of-the-art web services for real time data exchange with statewide data management systems.
What software versions are available?
Two versions of the ERS Data System are available: Technical Assistance (TA) Version & Quality Rating (QR) Version
The Technical Assistance (TA) version is typically used by organizations who conduct assessments for quality improvement efforts and includes:
- Automatic scoring at the item, subscale, and overall observation levels based on the indicators selected for a particular item.
- Worksheets available for each item that calculate supporting information ensuring the accuracy of the assessment and supporting evidence for the scoring.
- System generated reports are available at three levels: classroom level (QIP, Summary Report, Pre-post analysis), facility level (Classroom comparisons by scale, QIP needs for facility, Pre-Post analysis) and reporting at the organization level (Reporting by region, zip code, TA organization, Pre-Post analysis, QIP needs for all sites, training needs). Reports are can be accessed both on the tablet PC and from the ERS online reporting portal.
- A built-in quality improvement plan (QIP) that allows you to create a QIP for a classroom based directly on the results of the assessment that can then be tracked in the database.
The Quality Rating (QR) version is typically used by organizations who do high stakes QRIS assessments and includes everything the TA version offers, plus the following:
- The Supervisors Tool kit, which enables your anchors to review and monitor your team of assessors. Completed observations are uploaded for review. The supervisor is notified via e‐mail and is able to open and review the observation (including all of the scoring, justification notes for negatively scored indicators, as well as all handwritten notes captured during the assessment). The supervisor provides comments and feedback to the assessor and is also able to approve and finalize observations.
- Built-in inter-rater reliability module. This module allows an organization to monitor the reliability of their assessment team and provide on‐going individualized professional development for assessors as it is needed. It automatically tracks and monitors all inter‐rater reliability checks, and provides an item‐by‐item summary report of assessor variances.
- Customizable notes for clarification along with customizable supplemental materials, worksheets and reports.
Does the ERS Data System require wifi?
Mobile users operate in off-line mode during the time of the assessment, and data synchronization with the server occurs when an internet connection is available.
What kind of ERS training is available for teachers?
c kdcdcdc wdfvwe dcv wdv wefd vwd fv wefv wef vwe fv wedfc wef v
How is the ERS Data System maintained and updated?
Scheduled system software updates and preventative maintenance are provided on a regular basis. The ERS Data System is continually monitored for performance issues. Daily backups are conducted, and databases are replicated to mitigate the chances of data loss.
How can I onboard new assessors?
Toggle Content goes here
Is advanced reporting available?
An additional analytics reporting package is available which provides access to aggregate reports categorized by region, county, zip code, etc. With this tool, you can analyze data down to the subscale, item and indicator levels, track changes over time, and quickly identify low scoring facilities. The reports, graphs, and charts can be utilized to determine the overall efficacy of sites, determine training needs for site improvement, as well as the ability to monitor the accuracy and consistency of the assessment team.
Is tech support available for all licensed users?
Our technical support team is available Monday through Friday from 8am‐8pm ET.